Sunday, June 17, 2012

A dad who chose to be.

My dad wasn't there when I was born. In fact, I didn't meet him until 2 years later when he married my mom. But that doesn't mean he's not my dad. He's more of a dad than some biological fathers are. And he's so special to me- because he chose to be my father.
I am forever grateful that in October of 1995 he adopted me and chose to have me as his little girl. He always acted like I was his anyway, but that just made it official.
I used to get really upset that other people had their biological father and I didn't. But now I am so thankful because I know my dad was there for me because he wanted to be. Because he chose me.
Happy fathers day to a dad who truly changed the way I see the world and who gave my mom and I a life I am so grateful for.
I love you dad!
-Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment