Sunday, December 9, 2012

how i told daddy.

I really should've kept up with this better, but I figured since our sweet baby boy is on the way I would probably want to be able to look back at our journey to parenthood! So, I guess I'm really blogging about the pregnancy more for me than anyone else who may happen to read. I love having words and pictures together so I can fully remember the moment!

This was the day I found out! I just "knew" I was pregnant. Had this feeling for a couple days. I took a test Sunday night and it was negative. I woke up at 5:00 am Monday morning to get ready for work and took another, and this is what happened ;)


Once I got over the initial shock and stopped saying "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh" I think I squealed for a second. Then I had to remind myself I was actually in the middle of getting ready for work and I should probably continue that. So I went to work for 12 hours and I was DYING to tell someone, mainly Jacob. Problem is, he wasn't going to be home for several more days because he was working in South Texas. Fortunately, God works in mysterious ways and he was able to come home that next morning at 3:00 am. I had to work that day too. So, another 12 hour shift later I literally felt like I was going to explode. I was shaking, and basically a nervous wreck because I wanted him to know so bad. Here is what happened next:

As we are getting ready for dinner:
Me: "Jake, could you open this box for me. I need something in there and it's stuck."
Jake: "uh, ok."

Shocked.... 

And so happy!

I made this onesie after work the night I found out, before jacob came home. He always said if we had a little boy he would be "such a little hoot" and that his nickname would most definitely be Hoot. So That was my inspiration ;)
It's hard for me to even keep a birthday gift a secret from him, so this was nearly IMPOSSIBLE. But I'm so glad it happened the way it did! His face was so priceless! We are obviously over the moon and can't wait to meet our little guy!



-Lace


No comments:

Post a Comment