Friday, October 7, 2011

knees + feet.

"Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work." (here)

First week at work. It was really awesome, and for that I am so thankful. But I won't lie, I was stressed quite a bit! I'm super hard on myself. So I'm always second guessing decisions, wondering what someone else thinks of my abilities or knowledge. And pretty much... just worrying. I'm my own worst critic and I can't stand the thought of messing up. And reality is, I will mess up. Daily. Hopefully not big mess-ups, but they will happen. And as much as I loved this week and am so happy I waited for this right opportunity to come along, I have to admit that I was stressed. And I have to admit that instead of praying, I worried. I need to remember this little quote. One of my preceptors during rotations (who is precious, and is about to get married!) told me once that when she started work she prayed every morning "Lord, please just don't let me pick up any chart that I can't handle." I need to start praying this. I need to start depending more on Him and less on me. Because, let's face it, it's really not about me anyway. :)



-Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment