Sunday, April 3, 2011

4.3.11



I ACTUALLY WENT SNORKELING TODAY!!!! Anyone who knows me knows what an accomplishment this is. Don’t get me wrong.. I LOVE the water. Love to swim. Love the ocean. Absolutely TERRIFIED of fish. When we go to the beach Jacob generally holds me like a baby in the water so my feet don’t touch bottom. I married such a sweet man. I don’t know many other men who would sacrifice their swim time to hold their wife so the fish won’t get her. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it a million more times - I’m a lucky girl. The snorkeling is awesome, and I actually got to hold a real live starfish and a sea urchin!!!!! Then we relaxed on the beach all day long! It was wonderful! 
On Sundays, Ms Peggy takes the volunteers to church with her if you want to go. Then we spend the rest of the day at a beach resort! The general managers of the resort also volunteer at the clinic so we get to use their beach for free!  Church this morning was so good! It is a lot of Americans that live on the island to teach school, work at resorts, or volunteer. It felt like church at home. Everyone is so nice here, and honestly, church this morning felt more like a church family than any church I’ve been to since we moved to Ft Worth. We sang a song this morning that I fell in love with:

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
Just a beautiful picture of the magnitude of God’s love. And being here on the island, I can just see this song played out. “could we with ink the ocean fill… were the skies of parchment made.” It could never be enough to contain God’s love for us.

Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment