Wednesday, April 6, 2011

4.6.11


Clinic this morning. It went pretty smooth today. My Spanish is improving each day, which I am super grateful for! There’s nothing quite like a language barrier to make you feel like an idiot!
This afternoon I went for a swim, then a few of the volunteers and I went down to West End for some dinner at a little restaurant called Cannibals. I am so glad there are other volunteers here to hang out with! Everyone has been so great.
I miss my Jacob. But, he’s at the MASTER’S GOLF TOURNAMENT today!!! I can’t believe it! I’m so excited for him that he gets to be there! I’m sure he is having such a great time! What guy wouldn’t want to go on a trip like that?
James 4:7-8:: {Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and he will Draw near to you.} What a beautiful promise. And let me tell you.. it’s true. The devil was really trying to get me down when I first got here. I was homesick and nervous. And although I like to pretend I’m super strong and independent, some days I am just not. But I am thankful that I felt that way because I drew near to God - and He drew near to me. I will sacrifice and be uncomfortable if it means I get more of Him.
Again, sorry for the randomness, but this is how my mind operates unfortunately! :)
Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment